Take off that sweater because things are heating up!
Actually it’s very cold. You should probably stay bundled up.
The beer we have
- The Whale
- That IPA
- Stout Affective Disorder
- Nouveau Riche
- Saison #2
Tomorrow we’re forecasting a Snow Day
Tomorrow. 3-8. Snow Day. We’ll be tapping:
- The Snow (2015), this year’s release of our imperial stout!
- The Snow (2014), a limited amount of last year’s vintage. Glasses only.
- Biggie, a test batch of an Imperial Amber. Glasses and half growlers only.
- That’s The Way Love Gose, our second gose iteration. Valentine’s Gose! Glasses and half growlers only.
- A cask of That IPA with nugget hops. As with all casks, glasses only.
And a raffle! We have five bottles of The Snow (2012) that we’ve been aging. Want one? Every growler/half growler of 2015 Snow you buy gives you an entry to win.
It’s going to be what meteorologists call “cold as heck” tomorrow. Sounds like you need some imperial stout to warm you on up!
But hey we’ll st(ill have more beer next week)
We initially said that Intolerance, a milk stout, would be on tap tomorrow, but true to its name it’s being a little stubborn. It might be ready next week, or the week after: we’ll let you know.
Next Thursday, however, we should definitely have Singularity (Mosaic)!
What else we’ve been up to
- Dungeons & Dragons & Beer, Part 3.5: the dice rolled so long that it had to be split into two posts!
- On February 24 Nickel City Cheese & Mercantile will be partnering with us for a beer and cheese class. Space is limited, so call us (759-4677) to reserve your spot!
- Don’t forget that Wednesday is our fifth book club, Hops & Glory, at the brewery.
Other nifty beer things
- American brewing in the 1930s: Lager and Ale, this week’s Sunday read from the wonderful history vault that is Shut Up About Barclay Perkins!
- Governor Cuomo Outlines Tax Exemption Proposal for Wine, Beer, Cider and Spirits Industries, some very good news for small breweries!
- ECC crafts program in Brewing Science, with some help from local breweries
- “Got the morbs” is slang we absolutely need to resurrect.
- Bring on the Snow!