- This event has passed.
Pinewood Derby at Community Beer Works
January 27, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm$5.00
We’re bringing the timeless art of racing unmanned miniature cars to CBW!
The derby will be held in our taproom on Sunday, January 27. Participants must be 21+ and can register in one of the following four categories:
1) Division 1A: General Admission, Rule Followers
2) Division 1B: General Admission, Rule Breakers (Modified Cars)
3) Division 2A: Industry Admission, Rule Followers
4) Division 2B: Industry Admission, Rule Breakers (Modified Cars)
Admission is $5.
HOW TO SIGN UP
Registration will open on Friday, January 4. We’ll post links to register via Eventbrite.
Width — 2 3/4″
Length — 7″
Weight — Not over 5 ounces
Width between wheels — 1 3/4″
Bottom clearance between car and track — 3/8″
• Wheel bearings, washers and bushings are prohibited.
• The car shall not ride on springs.
• Only dry lubricant is permitted.
• Details, such as steering wheel and driver are permissible as long as these details do not exceed the maximum length, width and weight specifications.
• The car must be free-wheeling, with no starting devices.
• Each car must pass inspection, the owner will be informed of the reason for failure.
• After final approval, cars will not be reinspected unless the car is damaged in handling or in a race.
Participants can grab supplies from our taproom, or use their own. We’ll have a limited amount of supplies from 6 to 8pm on Thursday, January 17. Either way you’ll have until Friday, January 25 to submit your car.
It’s all going down at 520 7th Street on Buffalo’s lower west side.