The beer we have
Some of this is on its last keg: stop in quickly if you want to be sure you can get your first choice!
- The Whale
- That IPA
- Stout Affective Disorder
- Nouveau Riche
- ABV IPA
- Singularity (Galaxy)
- Espresso Whale
- Saison #2 (with 20% NYS malt)
This week’s cask
To be tapped Friday: a cask of That IPA dry hopped with El Dorado hops.
We’ve been shoveling and snowblowing and not-being-plowed for quite some time now. Don’t you think we deserve some kind of reward for dealing with all of that?
Next Friday: It’s the Snow Day. The release of our imperial stout during extended retail hours (3-8). Plus lots of other fun:
- The Snow Vintage 2014 (Limited amounts. Glasses only)
- A special dry hopped cask of That IPA
- Test batch of Biggie – an Imperial IPA (Limited amounts. Glasses & half growlers only)
- Test batch of Intolerance – a Milk Stout (Limited amounts. Glasses & half growlers only)
Plus! A raffle! Everyone loves a raffle. We’re giving away 5 bottles of vintage 2012 Snow. Each growler/half growler of 2015 Snow you purchase gets you a chance to win one of these bottles.
What else we’ve been up to
- Session 96: On beer festivals: in this month’s Session I talk about festivals from the perspective as beer maker and beer drinker
- Saturday at 10: Hydraulic Hearth taps the first CBW beer brewed on site!
Other nifty beer things
- Buffalo For Real TV did a segment on local breweries, focusing on us, Resurgence and OFW:
- Where are we going to grow all the hops we need?, this week’s Sunday read
- Why the pro-macro Budweiser ad is so dangerous, in which Carla Jean Lauter (the Beer Babe) breaks down “that” Super Bowl ad. In general I don’t think it’s worth fussing over, but her analysis does a great job of showing what the ad is conveying, implicitly and explicitly.
- Sumiyoshi M, Kimura Y. 2013. Hop (Humulus lupulus L.) extract inhibits obesity in mice fed a high-fat diet over the long term. Br J Nutr 109 (1): 162-72.
- Twitter was abuzz this week with the announcement that Harper Lee had written another book (or maybe that’s just because I still follow lots of librarians). However, uh, things seem kinda shady on that front.
- The below is an image with every letter and number in the en-US alphabet: