Hi! We’re the team from Community Beer Works!
We’re a company that makes great beer and has a lot of fun sharing it with our community. A career with Community Beer Works is an opportunity to be on a team where creative leadership, passion for progress, and personal responsibility are paramount. Our team members focus and commit to delivering the best experience possible for our customers and our community because we care deeply for those who live and work in it.
We’re opening our newly renovated taproom this June and we’re looking for people with a love of craft beer to be a part of our team. Let us tell you a little about the type of person we’re looking for…
- Do people use words like hustle, kindness, values, gratitude, and empathy to describe you?
- Do you value diversity, inclusion, equity, and an actively anti-racist workplace?
- Are you looking for a company that will invest in you and helps you grow professionally?
- Do you like craft beer?
- Do you want to learn more about the art and science of beer?
If so, what are you waiting for?
Competitive wages, paid time off, company outings, bonus programs, volunteer opportunities, and benefits are part of what we offer. But, we’d really like to meet you and see if you’re a fit for what we do here. If you haven’t gotten it yet, we’re not as concerned with what you have done and where you’ve worked but rather—who you are, your potential, and your goals.
If after reading this, you think you might be a good fit—you probably are—so send us a resume or application. Let’s make and sell some beer together!
Community Beer Works is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are hiring for the following positions:
The main attraction of the taproom and you supply guests with our craft focused beer and food menus with an experience that keeps them coming back!
- Work behind the bar and on the taproom floor to assist guests and take orders
- Assist guests with any questions they have regarding our craft beer, food, wine and liquor menus
- Handle payment transactions with cash and credit card
- Anticipate guests needs and give them a comfortable and quality dining experience
- Complete side work and cleaning duties based on daily checklists provided by Management Team
- Follow all safety and health regulations set forth by appropriate county and state health departments as well as internal regulations set forth by Management Team
- Must be 18 years of age or older to legally serve alcohol
- No cost on the job certifications for TIP’s and Cicerone Beer Server
- Must have a willingness to learn and be able to convey information to guests in a cohesive manner
- Must be able to work in a team environment and have a willingness to shift tasks based on the needs of the team
- Previous bartending or serving experience is preferred
- Knowledge of craft beer is a plus, but we have plenty of training programs to help expand your knowledge
The hype person for the taproom greeting guests as they enter, getting them settled in and assisting bartenders so the guests have everything they need!
- Rotate between working at the front host stand, barbacking, bussing and food running
- Greet guests and direct them to the appropriate seating areas
- Assist guests with any retail purchases
- Clear and sanitize tables as needed
- Assist bar staff with keeping fresh clean glassware behind the bar
- Run food from kitchen to guests as needed
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a hard work ethic and be able to rotate different areas of need
The leader of the kitchen staff ensuring all food orders meet the quality standards and all tasks are completed.
- Create and follow prep lists and order sheets to ensure enough product is on hand
- Monitor all food orders that go out of the kitchen to ensure they are accurate
- Delegate prep and cleaning tasks to kitchen staff based on checklists created with Management Team
- Handle daily inventory sheets and report any product orders that need to be made to the General Manager
- Ensure cleanliness of kitchen is kept up to the standards of the state and county health department and the Management Team
- Applicants must have open availability Wednesday through Sunday with ability to work 30-40 hours a week
- Previous kitchen experience is required
- No cost on the job training if hired and not already Serve Safe Certified
- Must be able to work in a team environment and be able to dictate tasks to teammates in a respectful manner
The person who feeds the people!
- Prepare food orders up to the quality standards of the Kitchen Lead and Management Team
- Complete any prep tasks by accurately following recipes
- Follow all sanitary/cleaning guidelines and complete checklists on a daily basis
- Previous kitchen experience is preferred
- Must be able to work in a team environment and have willingness to assist all team members as needed
- No cost, on the job training if hired and not already Serve Safe Certified
The person who keeps the place clean and ensures all departments have the sanitary items they need.
- Arrive prior to opening to follow cleaning checklist and prepare the space to be safe for guests and employees
- Work in the kitchen to keep plates and glassware well stocked and clean
- Follow daily cleaning and stocking checklists for all areas in the taproom and kitchen
- Assist in setting up and breaking down of taproom areas based on seasonal changes and events
- Access to transportation to and from work
- Assorted tasks at the discretion of the management team or lead.
To apply for any of the positions listed above, please send us your resume using the form below, or stop in during our pick-up hours to apply in person. We look forward to hearing from you!