The beer we have
- The Whale
- That IPA
- Stout Affective Disorder
- Nouveau Riche
- Saison #2
- The Snow (2015)
- Singularity (Mosaic) (new!)
The beer we won’t have
It is my sad duty to report that this week we will have no cask beer. It will return next week, but for now we are caskless.
Events in the next week
On Monday we’ll be the featured beer at Gene McCarthy’s Better Beverage Society! If you’d like tickets, give McCarthy’s a call.
Next Thursday we’ll be playing host to Ethan Cox (who you might remember from his role as “president of CBW”) and Mike Rizzo, authors of Buffalo Beer. Meet the authors, get your books signed and have some beer while you’re at it! Oh, and did we mention that Buffalo Beer will be the book we’re reading for the sixth CBW Book Club? Because it is.
What else we’ve been up to
- The Brewing News‘ National IPA Championship is underway, and we passed the first round! We’re up against Wormtown Brewery’s Be Hoppy.
- We decked the halls with boughs of hearts. Next up: spray painting them green for St Patrick’s Day.
- Music Box 8: Obscurité x Into the Trees, the finale of Music Box season two eight months in the making. I paired Ithaca beer with Zoë Keating cello to see what happens.
- Last night was our fifth book club discussion (see right). A full writeup is coming Tuesday!
Other nifty beer things
- Nordic Grog, this week’s Sunday read, on the archaeological evidence of alcoholic drinks in Scandinavia
- A related podcast courtesy of the Beer Goddesses: Lexicon Valley on the etymology of “grog”
- With all the freezing temperatures going on, I made a joke
- Local Malting Industry Sees Resurgence, which is great news for the area!