The beer we have
- The Whale
- That IPA
- Stout Affective Disorder
- Saison #2
- The Snow (2015)
- Singularity (Mosaic) (unsure of how long it will last!)
- All By Ryeself: Belgian Single with rye, brewed with the Buffalo Beer Goddesses, Junkshow Brewing, the Niagara Association of Homebrewers and the Sultans of Swig for the Amber Waves of Grain homebrewing competition! (new!)
- Nouveau Riche
- We’ve taken Saison #3 off to make room for other beer, and because tomorrow we’ll have a cask of Saison #3 with lemon verbena!
- 4/18: Beerology
- 5/17: the second annual Farm to Pint event at Hamburg Brewing Company, where breweries debut beer made with local ingredients
- June 20: the second annual Buffalo Brewers Festival at Canalside
- September 25-October 5: Buffalo Beer Week!
And we have a few events up our sleeve as well… stay tuned, and keep May 2 open on your calendar. Wink wink nudge nudge say no more.
What else we’ve been up to
We had a super secret tasting of 2015’s Drew’s Dyrty Dyngus at Mister Goodbar. Did you get to try it?
Dungeons & Dragons & Beer, Part 4: Dolemite and his wolves of death, in which we get back to D&D!
Other nifty beer things
- Understanding farmhouse ale, this week’s Sunday read
- Brewin’ USA, a beer-focused board game featured on Tabletop Deathmatch, is currently on Kickstarter. To make it even cooler: we’re going to be in it! That’s right, you’ll be able to brew our beer as you play. Your opponent brews Yards’ Brawler? Respond by brewing The Whale! Seeing as I’m a meeple-carrying lover of board games I’m kind of unreasonably excited about this.
- St Patrick’s Day in Dublin Was Hell on Earth, which is entirely unsurprising. I made tacos and stayed home, myself.
- Cool things are coming and I’m basically dealing with them like Tina Belcher: