Buffalo Beer Week continues apace! To wit:
The beer we have
- The Whale
- The IPA
- De Maas
- Rutherford B. Haze, still around — for now — after his wake
- Wet Frank: still a bit left!
- Nouveau Riche: might last the weekend?
- Singularity (Calypso): ibid.
- Porter Collaboration Project: probably won’t last the weekend
- Beer Week IPA: won’t last the weekend
The beer we will have
- Tomorrow… tomorrow, we usher in sweater weather with the first batch of Stout Affective Disorder, our winter stout!
Events in the next week
- This very night is Hop Kitchen!
- This very Sunday is Prepaired at the Black Sheep! The menu has been posted, so… go getcher tickets if there are any left!
What else we’ve been up to
- I Made This, my entry for October’s Session, wherein I talk about how my relationship with beer changed after I became a homebrewer.
- Remember how Tuesday was the Wake of Rutherford B. Haze? I took some pictures that I’m pretty happy with.
- Speaking of the wake, we held a funeral procession down Amherst St. It was one of the more surreal things I’ve been part of, mostly because a woman somehow saw us coming and got her washboard out to play along as we marched? Here’s a Hyperlapse I took of the first part of the march, which ended at the Sportsman’s Tavern, where everyone was excited and confused. The music for the video was from later that night, when the Fredtown Stompers serenaded us all.
Other nifty beer things
- Monday was “National Coffee Day”, and the Buffalo Beer League came up with a great co-marketing angle thing. public and I talked about it.
- Speaking of co-marketing, BreadHive made bread with spent grains from The Whale! At Bidwell we offered a “buy both and get a discount” deal that was a lot of fun.
- Erik from What’s Going On In Buffalo wrote about the Brewed In Buffalo launch party, in which he called us “The Ramones of Buffalo Craft Beer”.
- The same Erik was responsible for this photo choice.
- OFW has a cask of their IPA, Hopster that will be tapped tomorrow. Drew, our Caskmaster General, helped encaskulate it, so go check it out!
- They aren’t yet brewing, but Hydraulic Hearth will play host to Slow Roll Buffalo tomorrow night!
- I love everything about this story.
- I don’t even remember saving this image to my gif library, but it sums up the Rutherford wake pretty well: